Trinity College (Julian Hunt)
Saint Johns Street
Telephone 01223 746918
Copyright © 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Registered charity no. 290776.
The mission of ACOPS is to promote strategies for sustainable global development relating to coastal and marine environment through scientific, legal and policy research and advisory and public awareness activities.
Studying our seas and oceans both as indicators of pollution and as a threatened resource in their own right, ACOPS strives to identify cost-effective, long-term environmental solutions that can be effectively implemented across the world.
- assisting national governments and regional organisations to develop and implement projects, activities, and mechanisms to protect the coastal and marine environment;
- researching marine pollution/environment problems, and formulation of concrete proposals for their resolution;
- designing policy options and conducting studies in co-operation with central and local governments and intergovernmental agencies, as well as regional and global organisations;
- preparing project proposals for Partnership Conferences which bring together governmental and non-governmental stakeholders;
- developing educational programmes covering all scientific, legal and political aspects of the marine and coastal environment;
- promoting the North-South dialogue; and
- building public awareness campaigns, through high-level international conferences and parliamentary meetings.