Skip to content
Why is this an issue for ACOPS?
- ACOPS’ mission revolves around sustainable use of oceans and sustainable development of their resources
- Sustainable development underpins environmental protection and sets targets and goals for the governance of the marine environment
- The UN General Assembly adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SDG) including SDG14 on life below water
- All the activities undertaken by ACOPS aim to the sustainable development of our oceans and their resources
- ACOPS participated to the UN Oceans Conference 2017
- ACOPS will continue to support implementation of international legal instrument for the protection and use of oceans and sustainable development and continuity of benefits to future generations
- ACOPS will continue to follow the development of an international legally binding instrument under UNCLOS on the conservation and sustainable use of marine biological diversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction (General Assembly Resolution 69/292).